The Republican Council:
- elects and revokes, through secret vote, the Chair of the Republican Council;
- elects the deputy chairs of the Republican Council;
- elects the members of the Political Council;
- nominates from among its members the Executive Secretary;
- nominates the members of the Secretariat;
- recruits new members;
- approves the annual report of the Chair of the Republican Council;
- approves the directions of activity of the Republican Council;
- coordinates the activity of the parliamentary faction of the CUM;
- approves the CUM candidates for parliamentary elections;
- adopts decisions on the establishment of scientific, economic and other party organizations;
- establishes, as part of its functions, bodies and commissions who it delegates the necessary powers;
- nominates and revokes the editors of the press bodies of the party;
- approves the composition of the electoral staff and the party electoral strategy;
- tackles other problems that fall out of the competence of the Congress.
The Republican Council is constituted of the following:
The Republican Council is convened when necessary, but not less than three times per year. The meetings of the Republican Council are deliberative if at least 50%+1 of its members attend.
- the Chair of the Republican Council;
- the deputy chairs;
- the leaders of the parliamentary faction;
- the chairs of county organizations, the chairs of party branches;
- the members elected at the Congress and those recruited through the decision of the Republican Council.
The Political Council:
The Political Council is composed of the following:
- adopts the political doctrine of the party, and its tactics and strategy in elections;
- supports the activity of the parliamentary faction;
- develops the draft agendas and decisions of the Republican Council;
- decides about the organization of press conferences;
- fulfils other functions that are not in the competence of the Republican Council.
- the Chair, the deputy chairs of the Republican Council;
- the Honorable Chair of the CUM;
- the Executive Secretary of the party (entitled to consultative vote);
- the leader of the parliamentary faction;
- the members of the Political Council elected by the Republican Council.
Centrist Union of Moldova:
Leadership bodies /
Participation in elections