|Political parties |
|Points of view |
|Useful information |
Party of Communists of Moldova
The program of the Communist Party of the Republic of Moldova
The communist party of the Republic of Moldova is the party of the working class, peasantry, intelligentsia, and all the working class. It struggles for the socialist development of Moldova with an ultimate goal to build a communist society.
Communist Party of the Republic of Moldova relies on the Marxist-Leninist theory, modern experience of the world communist and working class movement, plus socio-political and economic situation in the Republic.
Communist party has the following major goals:
- Socialism in its reformed form, responsive to the contemporary production level, environmental safety, and society needs and goals;
- Sovereignty of the people, accomplished via Soviets and other democratic forms of peoples' self-government;
- Justice, envisioning guaranteed right to work and appropriate remuneration, affordable free education and medical assistance, housing, rest and social security;
- Equality, based on abolished exploitation of citizen by citizen and all types of social parasites, as well as preponderance of the public ownership on the production means;
- Patriotism and internationalism, peoples friendship and brotherhood; observing national traditions;
- Citizens' accountability to the society and society's accountability to the citizen, equal citizen's rights and responsibilities.
Lessons of history
The Great October Soviet Socialist Revolution marked an epochal change in the capitalist relations. For the first time in the world history conditions generating exploitation of a human being by another human being were abolished and the right to work and rest, free education and Medicare, housing and social security were ensured.
A historic dispute arose between socialism and capitalism after the Great October victory in Russia and the socialist revolutions in a series of European, Asian countries and Americas. Although in the late 80th and early 90th the socialism suffered a great but temporary loss, the fight between the two historic systems hasn't finished yet, it just entered a new stage.
In the second half of the ÕÕth century a group of well developed capitalist countries, employing intricate colonization methods and destructively exploiting material, labor and intellectual resources of the "third world", extended the contradiction between labor and capital outside their national borders. They spread it to all the continents, by borrowing and modifying some socialist management methods, thus managing to ensure capitalism sustainability and its relative stability in their countries.
Nevertheless, the nature of the capitalism hasn't changed in essence. It still undergoes a crisis. Furthermore, it brought the humanity to a new spiral of contradictions that generated global problems unknown before, i.e. environmental, demographic, social and ethnical, etc.
Nevertheless, regardless of the capitalism evolutions the exploitation of human being by another will still lie at its core. This results in the stratification of the society, antagonism between its different social classes, uneven development and exploitation of one country by another. An illustration of this is the way western countries try to break into the economy of our republic, to conquer its market and assets, to impose unequal contracts, to offer credits under enslaving conditions, thus increasing Moldova's dependence to its creditors.
During the socialist times, former regressive economy, poverty, analphabetism, social inequality were overcome. In the shortest possible terms the ruined economy recovered, industry and technical-scientific potential was developed, and modern agriculture flourished. Education, science, culture, Medicare, social assistance, nation's wellbeing reached very high levels.
Though, together with the positive changes in the economic and socio-political life of the republic as well as SSSR as a whole, some problems occurred, requiring serious improvement of the social ties. By the 80s the soviet society was undergoing a crisis, generated mainly by the crisis of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. Confident in security of their positions, communist leaders continued to ignore the realities of the time, turned the party into a "conceited party", thus dooming the party. "Gorbachev's perestroika" supposedly intended to renew the socialism, in reality meant a departure from socialism.
With the Western efforts, the Soviet Union was brought to a deep crisis that resulted in its fall and division into separate states. In their turn those states failed to overcome the crisis, and furthermore deepened it, thus reaching the verge of national catastrophes.
Characteristics of the current situation of the country
The current political and social-economic state of the Republic of Moldova is determined by a deep crisis, which affected all the spheres: economy and governing system, politics and culture, way or living and morality. As a result of the redistribution of property conducted by the governing regime against the will of the people, the economic structure ceased to be a socialist one. Forced introduction of market economy relations resulted in a delimitation of the society into the rich few and poor many that constitute the great majority of the population. The capitalization of the social ties has deepened the social discrepancies that ensued an increase in the peoples' dissatisfaction with the continuously worsening living conditions. Factories and companies are closed, number of unemployed rises, production potential of the republic created by generations is ruined and destroyed, agriculture is destroyed.
Education system, science and culture were catastrophically ruined. Alien spiritual values penetrating peoples' consciousness - ideas of unionism, which discredit our recent past lead to spiritual degradation of the society, especially of the young generation.
The people are deprived of the basic social, economic and political rights.
The economic frauds have exceeded any other types of crime. The criminalization of the society poses a threat to the personal and social security of the citizens. Practically the dictatorship of capital, which is intertwining with criminal world, is established in the republic.
The people are eliminated from the control over the state power.
The great majority of the population of the republic came to the understanding that the crisis Moldova is facing, is a consequence of the destroyed socialist system and conscious dismantle of the SSSR. More and more people realize that there are limited possibilities of an isolated development of the country or that based on the Western credits and to continue such a policy would mean the loss of the sovereignty and national catastrophe.
Ways of overcoming the crisis
The lessons learned from history, nowadays realities impose a new perspective on the contemporary social development. Faithful to the socialist principles, the Communist party rejects dogmatism, theoretical and practical errors, which resulted in a distortion of edification of a new society, in a anti-democratic and anti-humane deformation.
The communist party sees two consecutive political stages in overcoming the crisis:
During the first general democratic stage, the communists together with the progressive forces will strive to liquidate consequences of the reforms, put an end to the predatory privatization of the public property, recover the economic and technical-scientific potential of the country and social accomplishments in view of improving living and cultural standards of population.
The state will recover the public property, the cornerstone of economy, by purchasing the shares of the privatized company, among other things. Nevertheless, private sector is allowed, mainly in the production and sale of goods and provision of services.
Integration processes in the CIS, European and international economic structures will be actively supported.
Rule of the people, protection of the basic social-economic rights of the working class will be restored.
During this stage the multi-layered economy will be preserved.
During the second stage, revival of the socialist society, working class will increasingly get involved in the state governing via direct sovereignty of people, when not only professional politicians get involved, but also workers, peasants, working intelligentsia voicing and defending state and working class interests. A transition is made to the preponderance of the socialist structure in the multi-layered economy and its orientation to maximally satisfying working class needs. During this stage the exploitation of individual by individual is eliminated.
In order to overcome the crisis several measures are to be undertaken:
- Adoption of a new, democratic electoral law;
- Conducting a referendum on issues of major importance for the society;
- Participation of the working class in the public administration at all levels, which would allow political organization of the society to acquire the best domestic and foreign expertise in the sovereignty of the people;
- National consensus based on the revival of the centuries old friendship of the nations;
- Abolishing the use of power in settling moot points;
- Establishing favorable conditions so as to ensure citizens political rights and freedoms.
- State regulation in developing strategic branches of industry, which are to be based on socialist production principles. Simultaneously, entrepreneurship in small business, agriculture, trade and services may develop;
- Fighting against corruption, against economic enslavery of the country in the form of foreign credits, against the sale of the country resources and loss of its intellectual potential, which turn the country into an appendix of other countries;
- Reforming fiscal policy and elaboration of state programs aimed to support domestic producers in concrete branches of economy (firstly to scientific and high-tech productions), introducing taxation on preferential terms for domestic producers;
- Drafting legislation on land. It will declare land public property, which is transferred for unlimited use to collective and peasant's farms, as well as for personal, horticular, and woodland plots, and could be inherited and leased. The state will assist the farmers in working the land. The land may not be purchased or sold and may not be in private property;
- State control over the activity of commercial banks, financial groups, foundations, other financial and credit institutions.
- Abolishing unemployment, restoring rights of the citizens of the Republic of Moldova to labor, rest, free medical assistance and various types of education;
- Passing and enforcing legislation guaranteeing minimum living to all strata of the society, permanent indexation of salaries, pensions, stipends, and other payments according to the inflation rate; as well as the right to housing;
- State support in boosting science, education, culture, and comprehensive resolution of environmental problems;
- State support to family, motherhood and childhood, restoring the network of children and youth rehabilitation institutions.
Individual and society
Communist party supports:
- Socialist transformation of the society, against political, economic and spiritual violence of working class, violation of human rights. It supports society resistance and disobeys to lawlessness and arbitrariness, by using appropriate fighting forms in compliance with "Human Rights Declaration", Constitution and Republic of Moldova legislation;
- Restoring the prestige of voluntary work, creative attitude to work;
- Respect to Moldovan, Russian and other languages and cultures of the Moldovan nations, which is of national importance and act as the basis and means of spiritual interethnic communication and social consolidation;
- Respect and protection of the citizen's rights provided in Constitution, regardless of nationality, providing equal opportunities to the citizens of the country to take part in all the spheres of the country life;
- Forbidding lynch law over the history of the Moldovan people and their sovereignty, whose first record in history goes back as far as 1359; as well as ethno-phobia, xenophobia and other socio-cultural anomalies among certain strata of the society;
- Stopping the denigration of the soviet history, memory and teaching of V. I. Lenin;
- Liberty of conscience of all the citizens, respect of Christianity and other religious confessions, on the same time prohibiting employing religion for political purposes;
- Drastic measures to fight crime, banditry, and other social vices infringing individual freedom.
The Communist Party has identified the following as the major goals for party building:
- Finishing the establishment of party branches in rayons and villages of the Republic;
- Delegating the task of organizational and ideological work to the workforce;
- Insuring party discipline, equality and comradeship relations between the party members;
- Providing moral, and when possible, material assistance to the party veterans;
- Implementation by the party members of the party tasks, enlarging party membership;
- Forming children, youth and women communist oriented organizations;
- Running in elections of the representative bodies at all the levels.
The way we see the renovated party
Given the complex political and socio-economic conditions our Republic is facing, there is a need for a political organization having close ties to the working class and defending their interests. Such an organization is the communist party of the Republic of Moldova.
The Communist Party - is an independent political organization, having its own Program and Bylaws. In its activity the party relies on the principles of ideological commonness and party comradeship, broad democracy and conscious discipline, and does not tolerate double-dealers, time-servers and careerists among its members, does not allow totalitarianism and new ideological monopoly in the society, cult of personality and party oligarchy.
This is the party, which adopted what was the best from the experience of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, of Moldova, and of the world communist movement. Its theoretical basis is the Marxist-Leninist teaching.
This is the party, which strives for the adoption of legislation protecting working class by combining the work of the communist deputies and councilors of all the levels, with extra-parliamentary political activity of the party in the masses, as well as in the working class, women, trade union, veteran and youth movements.
The party seeks to convince the young people of the promising and prospective character of its course, which will provide them optimal possibilities in education, carrier and social life. The party supports youth movement, is concerned about the problems and future of the young people, and sees them as its ally and resource.
Party organizations collaborate with trade unions, and support their goals and activities in the social care of the working class.
Party collaborates with women and veteran organizations, various movements uniting people to achieve justice and equality in the society.
In the essence this is an internationalist party, which militates in favor of political alliances and blocs with all the parties who care about the problems of the people of the Republic of Moldova, and against the forces inducing national and territorial conflicts. The party strives to become the party of social consensus and cooperation.
The party supports sovereign, independent, one and indivisible State and one Communist organization.
The party is steadily defending party and non-party members upon persecution, including for ideological reasons, provides them moral, material and other kind of support.
The Communist Party of the Republic of Moldova cooperates with communist and socialist parties of the states established on the soil of the former USSR, and militates for the elaboration and implementation of a joint workplan on defending the interests of the working class from those countries. It is a full right member of the Union of the Communist Parties whose development is considered to be the major political condition for the free will and renovated federation of equal and sovereign republics.
The Communist Party is open for cooperation with communist and left-wing parties of the international communist movement, is ready to keep liaison with them, and actively get involved in the world communist movement defending working class rights and interests.
The Communist Party has a read flag, its party hymn is the "International", its symbol is a hammer, sickle and a book as the symbol of the union of the workers of the city, village and intelligentsia. Its motto is - Republic, Sovereignty of the People, Socialism.
Chairman of the Communist Party of the Republic of Moldova, Vladimir Voronin.
Party of Communists of Moldova:
Program / Governing bodies / Statistics / Participation in elections